Cello Case & Flight Cover Rental Terms and Conditions
The following rental terms and conditions are found on our cello case and flight cover rental forms. The hirer must agree to these terms and conditions before leaving the store with any one of our rental cello cases.
1) By clicking the 'place my order' button at the bottom of the rental contract, I am agreeing to all the terms and conditions set out below.
2) The cello case and flight cover remain at all times the property of The Sydney String Centre.
3) Any necessary repairs to the cello case or flight cover can only be made by The Sydney String Centre or an authorised representative.
4) On the day any outstanding payment is due the nominated credit card will be charged the full amount owing for the next rental period.
5) Should the transaction be declined for any reason, a dishonouring fee of $5 will be charged in addition to any outstanding amount. If the transaction is still declined after seven (7) days, a further $5 will be charged then, and every seven (7) days thereafter until payment is received in full.
6) The hirer's credit card details will be stored securely by 'Chargify' in accordance with privacy laws and will be used for the sole purpose of charging any amount as it falls due.
7) The cello case and flight cover are insured for physical loss and physical damage subject to the following exclusions. Insurance does not cover:
a) Any loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
i) any repairing, restoring or similar process conducted by anyone other than 'The Sydney String Centre' or authorised representative,
ii) damage from misuse of the cello case or flight cover; includes parts of the case or flight cover that have been used for reasons other than their intended purpose,
iii) infidelity of persons to whom the insured property may be loaned,
iv) theft or disappearance of the property from any vehicle when such vehicle is left unattended unless the property is kept in a locked boot or, if the vehicle does not have a boot, the property to be kept in locked vehicle and not in view. This exclusion shall not apply where loss occurs whilst the equipment is being loaded or unloaded from a vehicle.
b) Consequential loss of any kind.
c) Any loss or damage to your instrument or bow whilst being stored in the case & flight cover at any time.
8) The hirer understands that The Sydney String Centre is not responsible for any loss or damage that may happen to your instrument or bow whilst inside or outside the cello case or flight cover. We strongly encourage you to seek your own insurance for your instrument and bow before leaving the store.
9) Upon the return of the cello case and flight cover, the hirer will receive back in full their deposit on the condition that the cello case and flight cover require no repairs as a result of the hire period, in which case an appropriate amount will be deducted.
10) If the cello case and flight cover have sustained extensive damage, such that it is deemed no longer in a saleable condition, The Sydney String Centre reserves the right to charge the hirer for the full replacement cost of the cello case and/or flight cover even if it is the intention of the hirer to return the cello case and/or flight cover.
11) I acknowledge that the condition, maintenance and care of the cello case and flight cover are my responsibility.
12) THIS IS NOT A PAYMENT PLAN. THE RENT PAID DOES NOT GO TOWARDS PAYING OFF THE CELLO CASE OR FLIGHT COVER THAT YOU ARE RENTING. The hirer cannot use any of their rental payments as store credit.
13) Rental prices are subject to change.