Win a GEWA Air Shaped Violin Case! 2019 Christmas Promotion
We are running a competition exclusively for our loyalty members and Facebook followers where you have the opportunity to win a beautiful blue GEWA Air Shaped Violin Case valued at $1,085!
This year’s winner will be the person who can compose and perform the most creative Blues song. The song has to contain these three words:
Blue (or Blues), Air and Case
Entries must be submitted as a video and uploaded to Youtube. Extra points will be given to those who present their song in a unique and entertaining way. Entries close 22nd January 2020, and the winner will be announced the following day.
For details about the case, visit: https://www.violins.com.au/collections/shaped-violin-cases/products/violin-case-gewa-air-1-7-shaped
How to Enter:
1. Record yourself performing your song. You can film yourself performing the song live or you can dub a recording of your song over other visuals. Either way, the video should visually reflect the content/theme of the song.
2. Upload your video to Youtube.
3. Send us the link to your video via firstname.lastname@example.org along with a typed copy of your song and the entrant's full name, address, postcode, telephone number and e-mail. If the entrant is under the age of 18 then we also require written consent from their parent or guardian giving permission for the minor to enter. If you are entering as a group then the details of all members must be given.
For a full list of terms and conditions please click here.
Extra points will be awarded to those who present their song in a unique and entertaining way. Here is a list of judging criteria:
1. Creative writing
3. Costumes, props, setting, choreography and or animation
4. Use of strings in the composition (played or visually represented) - violin, viola, cello, double bass
- If you're not sure where to begin, we recommend googling 'How to write a Blues song' and listen to Blues tracks for inspiration. Don't stress too much about fitting the Blues genre perfectly! Your own interpretation of the Blues will be fine :-)
- There are plenty of Blues backing tracks on youtube and other music sample website. Why not use one of these as the background for a string/voice solo? Here are some examples:
Please notes that some backing tracks will be copyright free, some will be fine to use as long as you credit the artist, and some you will need to purchase copyright for, so please check with the artist before using.
If you have any questioned regarding the competition please email email@example.com