Returns, Refunds, Exchanges
Sheet music, books, opened CDs, fitted strings and sale items MAY NOT be refunded if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
Instruments & bows may be returned for a full refund WITHIN THREE TRADING DAYS ONLY as long as they are deemed to still be in a saleable condition.
All other items including cases, unopened strings & accessories may be returned for a full refund WITHIN SEVEN DAYS ONLY as long as they are deemed to still be in a saleable condition.
Please note that there is no additional warranty against strings breaking once they have left the store, regardless of whether:
- the strings are fitted by a staff member in-store
- the instrument is purchased or rented from SSC
Please check your new strings thoroughly for any possible defects BEFORE fitting them to your instrument.
You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods:
- are faulty
- have been wrongly described
- are different from the sample shown to you, or
- do not do what they are supposed to do
Extra Fees and Charges
For online orders, returns due to change of mind will incur a charge to cover the cost of shipping and insurance both ways. Return shipping must be paid by the customer unless as a result of our error or faulty goods. All products must be returned in their original condition. Further charges may be incurred if the product is returned in a less than satisfactory condition resulting from use, damage after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product or if it has been dropped or broken.
How To Return Items - Online Orders
1. Call 02 9417 2611 or email email@example.com to explain the nature of your issue with the product/order. No goods shall be refunded without prior agreement between the customer and The Sydney String Centre. We will be in touch within 24 hours.
2. If your return is approved, please send your item(s) to:
The Sydney String Centre
PO BOX 258
Willoughby NSW 2068
P. 02 9417 2611
3. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item (unless as a result of our error or faulty goods). Returned item must be undamaged, unused and in as-new condition, in its original packaging so please take care when packing your items.
4. We reserve the right to refuse the return of any item that does not comply with this procedure.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. The Sydney String Centre will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit if you choose not to insure.